Nagaad Network is a non-profit making, non governmental, voluntary and humanitarian organization that was established in 1997. Currently it comprises of 46 member organizations. Nagaad strives for the promotion of women in Somaliland, and its programs are aimed at strengthening of Nagaad’s organizational capacity as well as its member organizations by ensuring adequately skilled, competent and diverse Human Resource to carry out effective and sustainable projects.
Nagaad aims to involve in improving women’s access to justice, and in this regard, looking for a qualified project manager with the following requirements.
Job Title: Access to Justice - Project Manager
Duty Station: Hargeisa
Report to: Program Coordinator
Duration: 3 months, renewable subject for competency and availability of resources.
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director and with immediate supervision of the program coordinator, The Project Manager shall perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Major Responsibilities:
- Project Organizing, Planning, implementation and management.
- Project Development
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Communication, Documentation and Reporting
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Supervise access to justice project paralegal, community monitors and local implementing partners and liaise with the other actors and stakeholders;
- Conduct coaching and orientation training to project staff and familiarize with the organization’s vision, mission, objectives and project aims.
- Support project staff in the process of activity planning, activity implementation, management and controls.
- Make sure that project staff are learning, changing and improving from time to time
Project Organizing, Planning, implementation and management
- To lead and manage the proper and effective execution of the access to justice project and the other relevant activates assigned;
- Implement project activities as per project plan and NAGAAD’s procedures
- Prepare budget projections against planned project activities and budgets disbursement as per the approved by the Executive Director.
- Establish and implement consistent systems in all project formats, maintain diplomacy and prevent commitments that beyond organization capacity.
- Make sure project is effective and efficient to meet multiple priorities and tight schedules and deadlines.
- Maintain constant working relationship with administration and the program team, and increase the competencies of prompt administrative support to project.
- Maintain close communications among stakeholders and develop greater program/project opportunities.
- Design and develop new project proposals in collaboration with the program coordinator, Executive Director, and Administrative department.
- Develop and promote effective Network with Government Authorities, development agencies and other stakeholders to help achieve NAGAAD’s mission.
- Support and promote the overall gender issues in political participation, justice and economic development
- Promote overall women development opportunities within NAGAAD in Somaliland.
- Required Qualifications – Knowledge, skill, experiences and competencies:
The successful candidate should have:
- Should have LL.B degree of Law or Human rights study from a university;
- Possess, at least, two years’ experience in advocacy or other relative legal expertise with specific experience on gender justice or GBV issues
- Tangible skills and in-depth knowledge on advocacy and human rights activism.
- Must have strong report writing skills
- Good personnel and organizational skills including time management, team work and ability to work deadlines and under pressure
- Capable to create strong working relationship with the community and mobilize them
- Good workshop facilitation skills
Interested candidates should submit their applications (motivation letter and CV) including references and send to Nagaad visa email: na.......[at]yahoo.com, not later than Tuesday 14 March 2017 at 2:00 PM. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for examinations.